Location Saline, Michigan
Posted 17 Oct 2017
Closes 15 Nov 2017
Sector Engineering, Power and Nuclear
Contract Type Permanent
Support the CNC Team Leader with 3 & 5 axis mill operations at a prototype vehicle build site.
– Transfer CATIA models into Mastercam or PowerMill CNC machine tool software interfaces
– Create full and partial prototype vehicle models (Foam and Ren-Board)
– Machine small to medium size dies (aluminum) for prototype part stamping
– CATIA drawing / Product manipulation of surface data for basic part, assembly, and surface model drawings.
– High School Diploma
– Two (2) years of related experience or vocational training
– 2 year degree from trade or technical college
– Experience manufacturing prototype vehicle models using 5 axis machining centers
– Proficient in the use of Mastercam & Powermill along with Siemens & HAAS controllers
– Experience using CATIA V5 model as data source for CNC mill operation
– Experience building aluminum dies for small to medium size sheet metal parts
– Die machining and press tryout
– Foam model vehicle retrofits and Solid model prototype vehicle production
– Continuous improvement mindset and focus on attention to detail
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements
Able to lift 50 lbs, material and prototype parts and assemblies- 25%
Special clothing/equipment (wearing)- Safety glasses, gloves, hardened toe slip resistant shoes, long parts, short sleeve shirts 100%
Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (90%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), stooping (25%). Job requires manual labor
Machine Shop Equipment
Inside test facility, 100%
Hazardous conditions: Rotating equipment, heavy fixtures, trip hazards, 100%
Equipment and Machines
Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated: Computers and CCNC interface, 75%
Tools used in trade: CNC machine centers, tooling, presses, and machine shop & hand tools, 20&
Monday-Friday at 8hrs/day
May need to flex time to cover weekend testing or project needs
Regular attendance and punctuality are critical, 100%
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must have flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion. Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, and background check.